With advancements like the smartphones, siri, and other immediate solutions, self-sufficiency is at an all time high. And not surprisingly, booking business travel often falls into this category. So with the ease of online travel services, you may be asking yourself what is the benefit of using a travel management company in today’s connected world anyway?
Top 8 benefits of working with a travel management company:
- No fine print or hidden fees. Unlike travel website companies that often tack on additional fees or hide caveats in the fine print, there are no question marks with a TMC. This is service you can count on, with no last minute surprises.
- Around the clock support. What happens when your flight is cancelled or your bags are lost? Travel management companies and their support teams provide immediate assistance when you need it most.
- Manage unused airline tickets. Did you know that on average 10% of company’s airline tickets go unused annually? That can really add up fast. TMCs can update you when there are unused tickets needing to be used, and provide advanced reporting and analysis of your travel program spend.
- Help you create your corporate travel policy. TMCs know the ins and outs of travel policies and what is recommended, so you can focus on running your business. Do you know if your interns are flying first class, while you sit in coach? A TMC can manage any inconsistencies that will save you big bucks in the end.
- Provide duty of care support. In the event of an emergency, do you know where your travelers are? Online travel companies can get your employees where they need to be, but who’s managing their safety once they are there? Products like our SecurityLogic technology provide real-time information and communication with your travelers.
- Negotiate air, hotel, and car rental contracts. An online travel site may help you find a good deal one day, but will it fight on your behalf for consistent, cost-saving, and reliable travel in the future?
- Stay organized with traveler itineraries, profiles, and documents. TMCs will often store and document itineraries and key travel documents. They also provide convenient tools to manage traveler profiles through an easy portal.
Though online travel sites may provide a sense of immediate gratification, they lack the tools and service to manage corporate travel budgets, duty of care, and travel support. Christopherson Business Travel is a corporate travel management company with more than 60 years of experience. Our customer support and integrated mobile technology provide our clients with the assistance they need in booking and managing their corporate travel.