If you guessed the new Salt Lake City International Airport rental car facility, you are correct. Construction of the new car rental facilities, which began Nov. 4, 2014, is complete and it is the size of 16.5 football fields. The new structures total 502,000 square feet.
Of course, this is just a “small” part of a much bigger project. When it comes to the Salt Lake City International Airport Terminal Redevelopment Program, here is what you can anticipate in 2016:
- Construction of a new, larger Park and Wait Lot
- Enclose airfield space to begin work on the new south concourse
- Work to lay utilities across outbound Terminal Drive, near the International Terminal
- Demolition of the south leg of the E Concourse
- Rerouting Terminal Drive to make a hard left around the parking structure
When will it be completely finished? Well, for this you will have to wait until 2020.
To stay updated on The New SLC, check out the Progress Gallery, follow them on social media, or sign up for email updates.