Christopherson was recently recognized as number 21 of the 50 fastest growing companies in Utah. The award is based upon sales growth over a five year period (2004-2008).
We were asked to explain some of our company’s big revenue jumps and milestones. A review of our growth history shows a number of significant upward inflection points in our growth story:
- 1996 – We opened a second office, in downtown Salt Lake City, and increased our sales 33% the following year.
- 1998 – We grew 80% over 1997. This was largely a result of us entering the “client dedicated on-site” sector of the travel management business. We opened up travel offices inside Evans and Sutherland and CHG Healthcare. Today we have over 30 client dedicated travel on-sites located from San Francisco to Ft. Lauderdale.
- 2001 – We moved into our new 42,000 square ft. building on the week of September 11th 2001. We essentially lost the 4th quarter’s sales and still ended the year with 17% sales growth over 2000.
- 2004 – We reached $100 Million in sales/bookings for the first time.
- 2005 – We entered the Denver, Colorado market by purchasing Travel Connections, a travel agency located in downtown Denver. This contributed to our 26% sales growth over 2004.
- 2007 – We merged with Andavo Travel, with offices located in Denver and San Francisco.
- 2009 – Christopherson Andavo Travel was ranked by Business Travel News as the 14th largest TMC in the U.S.