It looks like UA is trying to give WN a run for their money in the West. They have lowered some airfares where they compete head-on with Southwest. These are available for purchase from Christopherson Business Travel.
Here are some of the fares:
Sample fares shown are each-way based on required roundtrip purchase, taxes and fees apply:
Fares are valid for travel originating in either city below.
Los Angeles – Albuquerque $83*
Los Angeles – Boise $95*
Los Angeles – Fresno $92*
Los Angeles – Phoenix $47*
Los Angeles – Reno $72*
Los Angeles – Sacramento $47*
Los Angeles – Salt Lake City $80*
Los Angeles – San Francisco $47*
Los Angeles – San Jose, CA $47*
Los Angeles – Santa Barbara $73*
Los Angeles – Seattle $66*
Los Angeles – Tucson $80*
San Francisco – Burbank $102*
San Francisco – Orange County $47*
San Francisco – Palm Springs $76*
San Francisco – Portland, OR $142*
San Francisco – San Diego $47*
San Francisco – Seattle $47*
• Purchase by September 25, 2009.
• A 14-day advance purchase is required.
• Travel must be complete by November 18, 2009.
• Sale fares are valid for travel on Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday. Fares will be higher for travel on other days of the week.
• A 3-night, Friday night or Saturday night minimum stay is required and a maximum stay of 30 days is permitted.
• Exceptions apply. See the fare facts for full rules and information.
• Additional checked baggage fees may apply. See U.S./Canada baggage information for details.
• Fares below are subject to availability and may not be valid on all flights/dates.