Tis the season to start making plans for the holidays. Planning ahead can ease stress and allow you time to enjoy the festivities of the holidays.
Here are a few tips to make your holiday travel go smoothly:
- If you are flying, review the Transportation Safety Authority’s list of permitted and prohibited items for air travel.
- Make a list of items you will be taking including gifts. Collect all gift receipts and put them in an envelope.
- Review your itinerary and reconfirm all flights 24 hrs in advance.
- Make a list of all the hotels and places that you will be staying at including phone numbers and give to family.
- Make arrangements with neighbors, friends or family members to watch over your house.
- Check the average temperature for your destination and plan your wardrobe accordingly. May want to get clothes dry cleaned.
Next are Ideas and specials for Holiday travel:
- Disneyland and Disneyworld have special parades, fireworks, and celebrate with the Disney Characters in a holiday theme.
- Royal Caribbean is offering Holiday sailings on their “decked”out flyer below.
- Celebrity Cruises is offering “Christmas in August” specials in the below flyer.
- Trafalgar has a special brochure for their magic of fall, winter, spring rates. See brochure below. There are many more tours than listed.
- Also travel gift certificates can be purchase for any amount good toward future travel.
“Two of the greatest gifts we can give our children are roots and wings.” –- Hodding Carter