Have you ever been stuck in an unfamiliar airport and need a quick way to find all the shops, restaurants and services available to you? GateGuru is an app for your iPhone that allows you to see what’s available, where to find it and gives you realtime ratings, reviews and pictures uploaded by your fellow travelers.
Now you don’t need to settle for subpar food, lousy lounges or waste your time searching for the nearest gift shop. GateGuru will tell you if a particular amenity is before or after the long security line. If you are in a hurry, it will let you know if the airport has what you are looking for, where to find it and whether or not the amenity is worth using.
Here are some of GateGuru’s features listed on their website:
- Most comprehensive and accurate listing of airport amenities (sortable by Food, Shops and Services).
- Easy-to-use and eye-friendly user interface.
- Access to real-time ratings, reviews and photos – Avoid unappealing airport lounges, shady-looking restaurants or poor service – you deserve better! Quickly and easily locate the highest rated restaurant, shop or service by your fellow travelers.
- Simple search engine – Know your pre or post-security options; what is near your gate; gift stores or ATMs close by; the nearest coffee shop and much more.
- Bookmark function – Easily retrieve tagged information on the restaurants, shops and services you have enjoyed in the past.
Best of all? The app is free! Give it a try and see if it saves you time, headaches & a grumbling stomach!
In the next release, GateGuru’s promising to add security wait times and itinerary management (achieving the latter through integration with TripIt). GateGuru is currently for iOS only, but an Android version is expected to be out in 2011.
Update: Version 2.0 should be out in the next 10 days!