Denver International Airport will be undergoing a period of construction beginning mid-May. Below are a few key dates and information to consider if your travels take you to, or through, Denver:
- Beginning mid-May 2012, RTD buses and the Mt. Elbert/Pikes Peak shuttle will drop-off and pick-up passengers on Level 6 East.
- Beginning mid-May 2012, taxi and shuttle drop-off and pick-up will be in their designated median locations on Level 5. During construction, commercial vehicles will not drop passengers curbside on Level 5.
- Beginning in June 2012, passenger pick-up for Terminal West will be detoured through the parking garage to pick-up curbside on Level 4. Vehicles will not be required to pull a parking ticket.
- Beginning in June 2012, passenger drop-off for Terminal West will be detoured off Peña Boulevard to enter Level 6 from the north. Signs will be posted directing travelers to the appropriate location.
- DIA’s South Terminal Redevelopment Program will build a Public Transit Center, 500-room Westin hotel and conference center and a public plaza connecting the new development to the existing Jeppesen Terminal. The Program is expected to create nearly 1,000 jobs, including 600 – 700 construction and design jobs and 250 permanent hotel jobs, and will generate approximately $2 million in annual tax revenues for the City and County of Denver’s General Fund. Excavation and enabling work for the $500 million project began in the fall of 2011.