Delta has increased the same-day travel fees for tickets issued on March 15, 2017 and moving forward. This is an increase from $50 to $75 USD, affecting non-SkyMiles members, general SkyMiles members, and Silver Medallion members.
Diamond, Platinum and Gold Medallion members will continue to have the same-day travel fees waived, but only if they are not on a restricted fare and their requested flight is eligible. All other rules and restrictions related to Same Day Travel remain unchanged.
What are same day travel fees?
As a business traveler, you’ve probably been in this situation before. Your day of meetings ends early and you change your flight rather than wait. Or impending weather is coming in and you quickly rearrange travel to avoid it. Fortunately, most airlines understand this is a routine part of the frequent traveler lifestyle.
- Most same-day changes are valid with travel within the United States, Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
- These same-day flight changes can be requested within 24 hours prior to the departure time of the original flight, however it can be limited by the available flights leaving.
- If you have a flexible fare (usually a refundable ticket), you are eligible for same-day travel.
- If traveling in a premium cabin fare of comfort class, same-day tickets are available, but only if a seat is available on the alternative flight.
- Basic Economy fares are not eligible for same-day confirmed travel changes.
Christopherson Business Travel is a travel management company for businesses. Tired of staying on top of industry policies, employee itineraries or hotel attachment? We’ve relieved hundreds of companies from travel management overload. With our proprietary technology and dedicated account managers, your travel program is in good hands. Learn how we do it.