As frequent travelers, many of us think we know all about the travel industry, but here are nine travel facts I bet you didn’t know:
Fun facts: business travel
- Delaware is the only U.S. state without a major commercial airport.
- A plane takes off or lands every 37 seconds at Chicago O’Hare International Airport.
- Pilots and co-pilots are required to eat different meals in case one of them gets food poisoning.
- Lufthansa is the world’s largest purchaser of caviar, buying more than 10 tons per year for their in-flight caviar service available in first class.
- The average service life of a jet airliner is approximately 30-35 years.
- On a three-hour flight, the human body can lose up to 1.5 quarts of water.
- In 1987, American Airlines saved $40,000 by taking out one olive from each salad they served.
- Turbulence, which is the biggest cause of in-flight injuries, can actually happen in clear, cloudless weather as well as bad weather.
- TSA collected more than a half million dollars in unclaimed change at security checkpoints in 2014.