During a recent business trip, I could not help but notice how annoying some travelers can become when flying. Companies pay for airline tickets, hotel accommodations, car rentals, and other needs for their employees to conduct business when travel is required. It is the duty of the traveler to maintain a mannerly behavior so that they create a good impression of themselves as well as the company they represent.
5 Simple Rules to Follow When Traveling For Business:
- Have your boarding pass ready for scanning to avoid boarding delays
- Stow your carry-on quickly and sit down to avoid blocking the aisle and the boarding flow
- Obey crew instructions and limit your phone activity so others can hear the announcements
- Check behind you and excuse yourself before reclining your seat
- Use your armrest and avoid pulling on the seat in front of you when getting up from your seat
Of course, there are countless other common sense rules to follow so that others are not disrupted and everyone can have an enjoyable, comfortable trip. This is just a starting point and a good reminder for all of us.
On a related note, here is a humorous Huffington Post article by Richie Frieman about the top 9 most annoying people to travel with.